Pfundstein Audio Plugins has released “Virtual Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor RW 4”, a virtual instrument plugin authorized by Sandberg for Windows and macOS in the VST3 and AU format based on the Basic Ken Taylor bass model.
Here’s what they’re saying:
Sandberg is the second largest bass company in Germany, producing absolute top-quality instruments. Not only in Europe but in the entire world the instruments of this brand are known and loved by many bassists and guitarists.
A lot of effort has been put into making this plug-in sound “human-like”. Multiple velocity layers and round robins are running under the hood while the software itself stays simplistic and easy-to-use.
One of our [Pfundstein Audio Plugins] goals is to make it sound human-like. That’s why we offer up to four velocity groups and a round-robin size of up to eight samples all recorded in high resolution. Don’t worry if you don’t know what all of this means. Another aim of ours is to keep it simple for the user.
Our plug-in is made for easy usage so all the technical things stay under the hood. Just install the plugin and start to play and record using a MIDI keyboard. Of course, for our advanced users, we offer key switches, automation parameters, and more options to get more out of the box. Yet we think it does not require a thousand knobs to sound good.
- Great-sounding Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor RW tone.
- Great for all genres, especially rock.
- Lowest tone: C1 (drop C tuning).
- Highest tone: G4 (24th fret, regular tuning).
- Easy to use for beginners.
- Easy humanization function for realistic-sounding playing.
- Multiple velocity groups and round-robin mechanism under the hood.
- Key switches for advanced users.
- Finger style.
- Picked style (upstroke and downstroke).
- Automatic alternate picking.
- Palm mute.
- Slides and bending features.
- Hammer-on and pull-off.
- Adjust attack and release behavior via automation parameters.
- Humbucker and single coil switch.
- Unprocessed clean DI to use your own amp/fx plug-in.
- Includes three amped output options.
- High-resolution samples with lossless compression.
The Virtual Sandberg plugin is available now at an introductory price of $19.99 (42% off the $34.99 regular price); the intro promo ends on December 1st, 2022.
More information: Pfundstein Audio Plugins