SuperflyDSP has announced the release of Lost-Tapes, a free lo-fi effect plugin for digital audio workstations on Windows and macOS.
LoFi effects allow you to obtain vintage aka old-school sound. Lost-Tapes effect is based on tape emulation but does not claim to model any hardware model.
Lost-tapes modify with character your sound with state-of-the-art algorithms. Plugins can be used mainly on instruments (like guitar, vocals, or keyboards.), but also on stem tracks like drum-kit or stacked chord tracks.
- Tape-type buttons affect mainly the frequency bandwidth
- Artifact – adds glitch and increases distortion.
- Depth – increases the tape effect.
- Rate – increases flutter frequency
- Crunch button (harmonic distortion)
- Wet/dry mix
- Noise slider
- Stereo mode – adds unique wide stereo (especially effective on synth lead or electric keyboard)
- Resizable GUI
- Strong anti-aliasing algorithm
- Low CPU consumption
- Built-in presets
Lost-tapes is available in VST & AU plugin formats for Windows and macOS (Intel chips only).
In order to access the downloads, use the password SuperflyDSP on the product page.
More information: SuperflyDSP