Lese released Sweep, a free filter effect plugin for digital audio workstations on Windows and macOS.
Utilizing the same algorithms that sound designers use to create Shephard tones/Risset filters, Sweep uses a bunch of filters to make your sound feel like it’s rising (or falling) endlessly.
In Sweep’s case, the left and right channels can be split and controlled separately for a more complex, stereo aware sweeping effect.
- Curve-based band amplitude control
- Optimized peak/notch filter array DSP (up to 16 bands per channel)
- Distribution function, allowing for linear distribution of bands
- Fractal noise-based frequency randomization system
- Vectorized, resizable interface
- Sweep is available for free in VST & AU plugin versions for both PC and Mac platforms.
More information: Lese