2Rule has released 2RuleSynth, a free virtual synthesizer plugin for DAWs on Windows and macOS (VST3).
2RuleSynth uses three classical synthesis techniques, subtraction, FM, and ring, and comes with LFOs plus ADSR for every two independent oscillators. It has its own characteristic soundscape that can go as far as concrete music. Besides the familiar classical analog sounds, experimental sounds can be found by using the randomize button.
- 2 independent oscillators
- Waveforms: sine, saw, triangle, square, white noise
- Controls: waveform, volume, fine-tune, octave
- Each oscillator has its own filter, amp, and filter ADSR and LFOs
- ADSR controls: depth, attack, decay, sustain, release
- LFOs for amp, filter and pitch syncable to tempo
- Ring algorithm OSC1 x OSC2
- FM modulator Oscillator 1 modulates Oscillator 2
- Self-resonance Moog type filter low pass, high pass, band pass for each oscillator
- Mono/polyphonic control
- Spectrum and wave windows
- Delay syncable to tempo
- Waveshape distortion
- 8 note polyphonic operation
- Preset randomize button
- 49 factory presets (some suitable for Musique concrète)
2RuleSynth is available in VST3 plugin format for Windows and macOS. The author says the plugin is a beta version developed using Juce Framework, also more features will come over time.
More information: 2Rule