Variety Of Sound has announced the second version of its amazing FerricTDS tape saturation effect plugin for DAWs on Windows.
FerricTDS mkII is a plugin that simulates some dynamic effects as can be obtained with some high-quality tape gear. It works great on VA synths, adding some slight crunch and presence, also you can use it in the chain for electric guitar.
What’s new in version 2:
- Introducing operating level calibration for better gain-staging and output volume compensated processing
- Metering ballistics revised and aligned accordingly
- Updated tape compression algorithms increasing punch, adding 2nd order harmonic processing, less IMD
- Updated limiter algorithm featuring ADC style converter clipping
- All non-linearities are running at higher sampling frequencies internally
- Adding a sophisticated analog signal path emulation
FerricTDS mkII is available as VST plugin (VST 32- and 64-bit) for Windows only. You can download it for free at Variety Of Sound.