SpikeQ is a free frequency-based transient shaper effect plugin for Windows and macOS, developed by Low Wave Studios.
As a distant cousin of Drum Snapper, it features the same attitude for increasing the Attack of a source but expands it with the ability to enhance certain frequency areas on the attack portion of a sound.
You can use SpikeQ on a source that is too buried in a mix, or if you want to make certain frequencies pop. SpikeQ enables you to add huge boosts of eq but not making them too boomy and loose (in the low end) or too splashy (in the high end).
- 4 semi-parametric eq bands (low and high shelves and 2 peak bands);
- x2 Amount to use on sources with low dynamic range or to have extreme effects;
- Clipper to avoid big spikes on the audio;
- Oversampling for the clipper section, to avoid aliasing;
- Attack and Release controls to shape the behavior of the transient shaper;
- Output gain (pre-clipper);
- Dry/Wet control to mix between the processed and unprocessed signal.
SpikeQ is a VST/AU plugin for DAWs on Windows and macOS. You can download it for free at Low Wave Studios.
If you like this plugin and want to support the developer with future releases, you can make a small donation (details on the product page).
Scroll to bottom for more related news.