Callybeat has announced the release of HUM808, a free 808 bass/kick drum generator virtual instrument for Windows.
HUM808 is a subtractive synthesizer, it doesn’t use samples; 2 oscillators (1 drawable) with selectable waveforms generate the sound. Each oscillator has usual parameters such as octave and semitone, fine-tuning, and volume. Under each oscillator, we notice ADSR envelope controls for amplitude, pitch cut and LFO, 5 filter types, and drawable LFO modulation.
HUM808 also includes a spectrum analyzer, 4-band parametric equalizer, master volume. It supports portamento and has 12 voices of polyphony.
The library is pretty solid, you can choose from 162 included factory presets spanning across a wide range of 808 basses and kicks, techy basses, wobbles, plucks, real bass emulations, but also leads, effects, bells, and snares.
Because the developer’s site is in Spanish, plus the download method is a bit tricky, here’s how to get the plugin:
- fill in your email address and name, add a comment and hit the “Submit” button
- on the next page, either copy and paste the Google Drive link in another tab, or simply right click on the link and select “open link in new tab”
- do not click on that link directly because it will load a blank iframe and you will have to start over again
- download the DLL files from Google Drive and copy/paste the appropriate version into your VST folder
- scan in your DAW for new plugins
HUM808 is a virtual instrument synthesizer plugin (32- and 64-bit VSTi) for Windows only.
More information: Callybeat