Low Wave Studios has announced the release of Drum Snapper and Cymbal Killer, two free effect plugins for Windows and macOS.
Drum Snapper is a free transient shaper plugin specially made for drums. It can add more snap or more sustain to the drums and has other extra functions not found on other transient shapers.
- Focus knob specially made for sharpening the attack of the drum;
- Tape-like Clipper that is oversampled to avoid aliasing (introduces latency, for best quality);
- With the Release knob it is possible to shape the tail of the drum when adding sustain and change the sensitivity of the processing when adding attack;
- Tape-like Clipper for distorting high frequencies spikes, with both gain and mix controls.
The second free plugin by Low Wave Studios is Cymbal Killer, which is a 2-band gate tailored for drums. With its two bands you can have different envelope settings for the sustain (low frequencies) and attack (high frequencies) of the drum. It allows the sustain to breathe while keeping the attack short to kill the cymbal bleed entering through the close mics on a drumset (hence the name).
- Side-chain input and high-pass, low-pass, and parametric filters (shared by the two bands) for focusing the sound of the drum on the detector circuit;
- Lookahead for allowing the full transient through (introduces latency);
- Two visualizers (one for each band) for watching the envelope;
- Mix slider for allowing a mix between the original clean signal and the gated signal.
Both plugins are available in VST, AU and AAX formats for Windows and macOS. The downloads are instant – registration isn’t required.
More information: Low Wave Studios