Tek’it Audio has announced its Winkl, a free fold-back distortion for VST2, VST3 and Audio Unit plugin formats, has been updated to version 1.3.0.
This update improves performance, adds full support for macOS 10.15 Catalina and refines the user interface for all plugin formats.
Changes in v1.3.0
- Performance improvements
- Removes 32-bit for all plugin formats on macOS
- Add support for macOS Catalina and newer
- Improves VST3 version
- UI improves text readabilty on About Screen
- UI Adds About Screen icon
- Adds French language to the installer for both platforms
- Other small improvements on the installer for both platforms
- Minimum operating system requirements are Windows 8/macOS 10.8
Because Winkl is not a subtle distortion, it is primarily useful for basses and leads. But of course, you’re free to unleash your creativity and use it wherever you want.
Winkl features 2 types of foldback distortion and comes with Drive and Output Gain controls. It has full MIDI automation and works in both mono or stereo. In terms of performance, Winkl supports any sample rate, has x16 oversampling and zero latency.
Winkl is available for Windows (VST2, VST3, 32- & 64-bit) and macOS (AU, VST2, VST3, 64-bit). In order to download it for free, you’ll need an email address.
More information: Tek’it Audio