Caelum Audio has announced the release of Tape Cassette 2, a free effect plugin that emulates the warmth, noise and character of old tape cassettes.
Following up from the well-received Tape Cassette 1, Caelum Audio has updated the plugin with a sleek interface and more changes under the hood too.
Along with a brand new selectable Type 1 Cassette Impulse Response (IR), there’s an improved saturation algorithm and wow & flutter engine, plus real sampled tape noise. In addition to these, you now have two VU meters to monitor your audio as well as selectable oversampling.
You can easily add that classic sound entire track, or use directly on individual channels, for added movement, texture, and warmth. Alternatively, you can take it further than the material limitations of tape and push the parameters into a far more experimental soundscape, as a sound design tool.
- Selectable Type 1 Cassette Impulse Response (IR)
- Dynamic saturation curve algorithm implementing hysteresis and including oversampling
- Wow & Flutter engines rebuilt to focus on smoother emulation
- Real sampled noise from a Type 1 Cassette
- Low Pass range increased down to 5kHz
Tape Cassette 2 is available in VST & VST/AU plugin versions for DAWs and other plugin hosts running on Windows, respectively macOS. You can also download standalone (Windows & macOS) and iOS app versions.
More information: Caelum Audio