Sender Spike has announced the release of Modul8, a free chorus VST effect plugin for Windows.
Modul8 is a dual LFO stereo chorus inspired by multiple Japanese stomp-boxes well known for their unique sound and approach to modulation. The resulting modulation is a combination of two LFOs scaled according to their respective modulation width, which results in an almost endless number of rhythmic variations in the modulation pattern.
- two independent LFOs with on/off switches and adjustable speed and width (LFO A oscillates at 0.8 Hz to 8 Hz, and LFO B oscillates at 0.3 Hz to 3 Hz)
- feedback control that sets the amount of flanging
- optional filtering and adjustable drive of the modulated signal
- phase invert on R channel for wide stereo (mono incompatible)
- LFO mute “kill-switch” for musical phrasing
- separate wet and dry controls
Modul 8 is a plugin for Windows (VST, 64-bit). The download is instant, doesn’t require any kind of registration.
If you’re looking for a free pedal style chorus, I recommend WS-1, a simple yet effective plugin by Mercuriall Audio. As for Sender Spike, they have been very active lately. You can take a look at all their free plugins here.
More information: Sender Spike