Mathieu Carre has announced the release of Distortion, a free distortion effect plugin for Windows and macOS.
The plugin is based on a graphical interface, it lets you draw the distortion function that shapes the nature of the distortion.
- 4x oversampling to reduce aliasing created by the non-linear function.
- 5 movable dots to shape the distortion function.
- Drive knob to choose the amount of distortion.
- Output gain knob to compensate for any gain increase due to the drive or the distortion function.
- Output low-pass filter knob to reduce any harsh high-frequency.
- Mono/stereo input to mono/dual-mono (not stereo) output.
Distortion is available for Windows and macOS, 64-bit supported.
More info and download at KVR Audio.