We teamed up with Plugin Boutique to offer a reader of ours a copy of Circle2, a premium synthesizer plugin by Future Audio Workshop. Please read below to find out how to win it.
Circle2 is the successor of Future Audio Workshop’s flagship – Circle software synthesizer, which, since its release in 2009, has achieved a cult status, being used by underground and pop hitmakers such as Hudson Mohawke, Arca, David Guetta and Deadmau5.
The 2015 update adds new features, modules and effects, making it even more versatile. Circle2 has now a completely redesigned user interface, providing a forward-thinking interpretation of Circle’s esteemed user-centred design approach.
Usability is at the heart of the design of Circle2. With the affordance of the power of modern computer processors, many software synthesizers have become progressively more complex and difficult to use. The aim of Circle is to step aside from this path, and to instead focus on placing flow and intuitiveness at the core of the music making process. Rather than burying a deluge of synthesis parameters in submenus and external windows, Circle2 encourages experimentation by presenting parameters in an accessible and intuitive manner.
The unique Circle² interface enables a level of experimentation that would be unachievable via a more typical, convoluted interface; allowing the user to focus on creativity rather than technicalities. This design philosophy sets Circle2 apart in the synthesizer landscape and provides the foundation for the development of the next generation. Instead of designing Circle² to graphically replicate its analog predecessors, Future Audio Workshop have been working alongside Berlin-based designer Lars Hammerschmidt to bring Circle² firmly into the 21st century through the use of a contemporary design language that looks more to the future than the past. The goal was to construct an even flatter design with brighter, more distinct colors than was seen in Circle.
- Unique to Circle2, the VPS is new type of oscillator, the outcome of a research partnership between FAW and Maynooth University.
- Totally redesigned interface. Retina ready and optimised for creative flow.
- New Bucket Delay and Tube distortion modules.
- Improved preset management via the new preset browser.
- Performance enhancements and improved sound via a totally rewritten audio engine.
- Utilizes the latest version of JUCE audio framework, resulting in a more stable and future proofed Circle2.
- Now official support for Reaper, Studio One and Bitwig Studio.
- New factory preset bank, full of future leaning sounds, ready for use in your music.
- Full 64bit and 32bit support, both on Windows and OSX.
We are giving away one Circle2 license to one lucky reader. To enter the giveaway, all you have to do is click the link below and fill the simple form. Keep in mind that you’ll have to confirm your email address. CLICK HERE TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY! On August 27th, we will announce the winner on this page. The winner will be picked randomly. Good luck!
The winner is: William Collins (email@example.com)
Circle2 synth by Future Audio Workshop