Wavesfactory has announced the release of Freelodica, a free melodica instrument for NI Kontakt.
The melodica is a free-reed instrument similar to the melodion and harmonica.
It has a musical keyboard on top, and is played by blowing air through a mouthpiece that fits into a hole in the side of the instrument. Pressing a key opens a hole, allowing air to flow through a reed. The keyboard is usually two or three octaves long. Melodicas are small, light, and portable. They are popular in music education, especially in Asia.
2 microphone positions with stereo width controls. Envelope, key-noise and air volume control. 3x optional round robin and extended range. Original tuning and perfect tuned samples. Dynamics controlled by any CC.
We also modeled the imperfect behaviour of the real instrument, difference in volume when playing more than one key because the air is shared between the reeds and so on.
- Stereo WAV files, 44.1KHz 24bit.
- 3x optional round robin.
- 120Mb downloaded.
- 2 microphone positions with stereo controls.
- Original tuning and digitally tuned versions.
- Envelope, key noise and breath controls.
- Dynamics controlled by any CC.
- Real behaviour modelled.
- For Kontakt 4.2.4 or superior.
- Kontakt player will run in demo mode for 15 minutes.