RAZ Audio has announced the release of M/S controller, a free VST effect plugin for mixing, mastering or DJ & PA work. M/S controller gives you easy control of Mid (‘phantom center’) or sides content.
An intuitive GUI provides you only what you need – clear easy knobs and value readings, with precision level bars for each channel (L/R and M/S).
Based on floating point calculation, the M/S controller is an accurate and true to the original material. Expect zero artifacts.
The M/S controller becomes very handy in these scenarios:
- Punchier kick/drum response for dance clubs effects
- Bring out the lead vocal and instrument for DJ/PA venues
- ‘Karaoke’ like effects – in which the leading vocals are attenuated to zero
- Set as a ‘send FX’ (not ‘insert’) in series to a reverb unit and attenuate ‘Mid’ (or enhance ‘sides’) – for receiving a spacious, lustful reverb effect, which is still vivid and clear
Use the M/S controller for a full separation of Mid over side and export each track for advanced processing:
- EQ: Roll off the low-end content of sides to provide a tight, powerful mix
- Provide different compression or EQ setting to ‘Sides’, prior to sending the signal to a reverb unit, for a clear and clean result
- Provide any different process for lead vocals and background
M/S controller is available as a free download.
M/S controller free VST effect plugin for mixing and mastering