Brain Control has released Tunefish 4, a free additive synthesizer for Windows and Mac (32Bit & 64Bit).
Tunefish 4 was developed as a smaller replacement of Tunefish 3 with roughly the same power, it is however not compatible and uses different synthesis algorithms. It was developed for the 64k intro “Turtles all the way down” by demoscene group Brain Control and is available as VST/AU.
- Improved UI compared to TF3 which will visualize all modulations
- Uses an additive synthesis based wavetable generator
- The Noise generator can produce any frequency of noise with any bandwidth
- Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass and an improved Notch filter are available
- 2 ADSRs and 2 LFOs that can be linked to pretty much any important knob using a modulation matrix
- Supported effects are Flanger, Chorus, Distortion, Delay, Reverb, EQ and Formant
- The effects stack allows for any permutation of up to 10 effects.
Tunefish 4 is available at no cost.
More info: Tunefish 4 VSTi