de la Mancha has re-released as freeware GTA, a vintage style ‘character’ compressor, designed like its muscle car name-sake for brute power, pure speed and to make a loud noise.
It is stripped down for ease of use and has a unique vintage colouring on top.
GTA is a peak compressor featuring super-fast attack and release times and has a wide range of threshold, ratio and output boost as well as a wet/dry mix for NY compression. The metering covers input, output and gain reduction, showing both real-time and peak levels.
- Vintage style Peak compressor with parallel compression and comprehensive metering
- Subtle colouring from a home-made blend of harmonics, saturation and dynamic noise
- Ultra-fast attack and release times
- Wet/Dry mix control allows phase-free blending of dry uncompressed signal for NY style parallel compression
- Distortion reduction for very short release times
- Metering covers stereo input, output and gain reduction. All meters show actual and peak levels
- Adjustable peak meter hold time
- Non-linear knobs for precise control at small values
GTA is available at no cost.
More info: GTA – free vintage style compressor