GVST has updated its suite of free VST plugins for Windows- now with a new look and 64-bit support.
- GBand is a band-pass filter. It removes frequencies from the input that are above or below the specified cut-off points.
- GChorus is a chorus effect. The incoming signal is mixed with a delayed copy of itself. The effect is created by modulating the playback speed of the delayed copy.
- GClip is a wave-shaping signal clipper. It prevents the input signal level from exceeding a specified maximum. The clipping function used can be altered to have a hard- or soft-knee.
- GComp is a combined compressor and limiter for controlling the dynamics of an audio signal.
- GComp2 is a compressor featuring a band-pass filter and a gate.
- GDelay is a digital delay effect. The delayed signal can also be fed-back into the delay line.
- GDuckDly is a digital delay that allows the wet signal to be compressed by the dry signal.
- GFader is a simple volume knob. It has a range of -100 to 0 dB. The signal is silenced at the minimum setting.
- GGain is a simple volume knob. It boosts or cuts the level of the input signal by up to 12dB.
- GGate is a noise-gate effect. It silences the signal when its level drops below the threshold, given by the Thresh parameter.
- GGrain breaks down the incoming signal into grains and then reassembles it. A grain is just a very short section of the sound, shaped to avoid clicks.
- GHi is a resonant high-pass filter. It is used to remove all frequencies from a signal below a given cut-off point.
- GRevDly is a delay effect that plays the delayed signal in reverse.
- GSinth is a monophonic synth with three sine oscillators. It also features an LFO for controlling the output level.
- GSinth2 is essentially the same as GSinth, but with a few extra features. Most notably, GSinth2 offers new oscillator types: triangle, square and saw-tooth.
- GSnap is an auto-tune effect. It can be used subtly to correct the pitch of a vocal, or, with more extreme settings, to create a robot-voice effect.
- GTune is a chromatic instrument tuner which operates much like its hardware counterparts. It will automatically detect the pitch of a note being played, and display the Western scale note that it is closest to.
All plugins are available at no cost.
More info: GVST free VST collection updated