MQ57 is parametric equalizer designed for mastering. It is powerful, but quite easy to use after you understand what each knob and button does, so learning curve should be very mild for everyone who grasps basic principles of equalization.
The main difference from other, standard EQs is that MQ57 has all controls and functions optimized for mastering needs, i.e., it has relatively wide Q factors that focus on overall balance rather than narrow cuts and boosts, moderate gain ranges for fine-tuning and functions such as channel balance, spectrum tilting and pass filters.
There is no hidden processing going on underneath it’s surface – what you see is what you get and that’s straight-forward EQ that does it’s job efficiently.
- 7 parametric minimum-phase filters per channel, 5 of them are peak, 2 are shelf;
- Functions and ranges optimized for subtle equalization tasks;
- Stereo and dual-mono operating modes, either Mid/Side or Left/Right;
- High-pass and low-pass, specialized balance and tilt controls;
- 32-bit internal precision with zero latency and low CPU consumption;
- No introduced harmonic or dynamic distortion.
More info: MQ57 VST