Prodyon has announced the release of free Phenome, a low-CPU 8-part multitimbral Soundfont (SF2) Player-VST instrument with all the basic features like ADSR, multiple filters and arpeggiators.
It has been designed to focus on getting things done quickly rather then being bloated with features that get hardly ever used.
- 8-part multi-timbral Soundfont Player.
- Fast SF2 browsing.
- Quick startup-time.
- Highly optimized Playback Engine.
- 4 selectable Interpolation methods.
- Pristine Audio Quality with 8x Oversampling.
- Built-In Phrase Arpeggiator.
- Complete automation support.
Also you can download the free Factory Library: 132 Phenome presets (.phe) and 110 soundfonts (.sf2). The size is 417 MB (extracted). (It seems that currently they don’t offer it anymore.)
This is just great!