Variety Of Sound has announced the release of released NastyDLA, a free classic chorus echo device with tape-delay simulation.
Use this device as an audio insert effect to take advantage of the input stage saturation and coloring for the whole signal and not only the wet portion.
If more straight saturation from the delay feedback loop is desired then switch the ducking mode on.
This turns the internal compressors sidechain straight to the plug-ins input and so it does not react anymore on the feedback loops signal. Now the saturator has to do the job on its own.
- input stage model including signal coloration and non-linearities (switchable)
- classic chorus/flanger effect with amount and rate control which automatically adopts to the delay line configuration
- frequency balancing filter for dead-easy overall tone adjustments in the feedback path
- two different feedback color modes
- feedback circuit and control which supports resonance up to self-oscillation
- standard DSP 12dB high-pass filter
- custom “tape style” low-pass filtering
- sophisticated “tape hiss” noise simulation
- negative or positive pre-delay
- comprehensive tape dynamics simulation taken from the core of the award winning FerricTDS
- the dynamics offers a slight audio ducking effect (switchable)
- two independent delay lines with up to 3sec delay time and sync to host
- delay time modulation with two different modes
- additional phase distortion (switchable)
- audio level metering display
- dry/wet controls plus “wet only” option
- power / bypass switch
- all parameters available through host automation